Nic Nicosia is one of my favorite American photographers, particularly his earlier works in b/w. Nic is also a defender of the ARTOUT project. All our respect to Nic!
The work of Nic Nicosia is both witty and profound. The way he used the frame to let the audience in on an "inside joke" plays well with his compositions. He uses humor in a field that is definately lacking in that department. It is so easy to go to strong emotions as a photographer such as sadness, glee, hopelessness. However, humor is not such an easy feat, but Nicosia does this brilliantly. Although I find his black and white work complelling, it is his color work that I find to be the stronges. It is flashy and lends itself to Nicosias false sense of reality.
The work of Nic Nicosia is both witty and profound. The way he used the frame to let the audience in on an "inside joke" plays well with his compositions. He uses humor in a field that is definately lacking in that department.
ReplyDeleteIt is so easy to go to strong emotions as a photographer such as sadness, glee, hopelessness. However, humor is not such an easy feat, but Nicosia does this brilliantly.
Although I find his black and white work complelling, it is his color work that I find to be the stronges. It is flashy and lends itself to Nicosias false sense of reality.